In this episode, I interview Jaclyn Carrington, the Veterinary Services Manager at The Hartville Group. We talk specifically about their brand ASPCA Pet Insurance and the recent roll-out of their new policies.
We talk about:
- The history of the company.
- Her background with the company and what she currently does.
- Some general details about ASPCA's insurance policies.
- Why ASPCA made changes to their policies.
- How long before these changes become effective in all states.
- Details of the new policies and how this will improve coverage for new and existing policyholders.
- More flexibility built into their new policies that allows pet owners to select a deductible and copay that results in a premium that will fit their budget.
- Pre-existing conditions.
- ASPCA's incident limits and what this means for policyholders.
- What "usual and customary" means and why ASPCA calculates reimbursements using this model.
- How ASPCA determines what is considered usual and customary for each region of the country.
- Potential changes coming in the pet insurance industry.
ASPCA Offers New Policies (updated 2016)