In this episode, I talk to a reader of my blog who first contacted me in 2009 as she was researching the various pet insurance companies. We corresponded several times and she even wrote a guest post on the blog about the process she used to select a pet insurance company and policy to insure her dog, Kieran.
Desiree is going to tell her story in this podcast and it's definitely worth listening to if you're considering whether to purchase pet insurance or not. Or, perhaps you've decided to get health insurance for your pet, but don't know where to start to find a company to insure your pet. She has no regrets - mainly because she took the time to thoroughly research each company before making her decision.
So, in this episode we talk about:
- The circumstances that led to their adoption of Kieran as a middle-aged dog.
- Why she decided to get pet insurance.
- Details of her research process that eventually led her to choose PetPlan.
- Kieran's health issues - all of which are chronic and covered for the rest of her life by the policy she chose.
- Advice she would give to pet owners about finding the "right" policy for your pet.