This episode is Part 2 of the conversation with Laura Bennett, the CoFounder and CEO of Embrace Pet Insurance Company. I encourage you to also listen to Part 1 of our conversation.
In this episode, we talk about:
- Details of Embrace's accident and illness policy.
- Embrace's Wellness Rewards program.
- Embrace's Dental Rewards program.
- How Embrace's medical history review can give pet parents peace of mind when it comes to a claim being rejected because of a pre-existing condition.
- Embrace's precertification program.
- Whether the model of paying according to the veterinary invoice vs. what is considered usual and customary or according to a benefit schedule is sustainable or not.
- What options are available to pet parents who find they can no longer afford their policy because of premium increases.
- Advice to pet owners who say they looked into getting pet insurance several years ago and decided it just wasn't worth it.
- The future of pet insurance.
- Tidbits from the North American Pet Health Insurance Association's recent annual meeting and what means for both pet parents and veterinarians.
Other things mentioned in the podcast:
Embrace Pet Insurance Company
PetPlan Pet Insurance Company