In this episode, I interview Dr. Jason Nicholas, the Preventive Vet about how pet owners can keep their pets healthy and happy while at the same time saving significant amounts of money on their pet's healthcare expenses.
We talk about:
- Information that will keep pets safe and healthy and save pet owners money.
- How the brand "The Preventive Vet" got started.
- The more preventable problems that veterinarians routinely see like drug overdoses, toxins (e.g.human over-the-counter or prescription medications, grapes/raisins, plants), pets who have been hit by a car, dog or cat fight wounds, heat stroke and others.
- How pet owners are often unprepared for the costs of treating some of these emergencies and how third-party payments like CareCredit or pet insurance can help.
- How and when to contact a veterinary poison control center - which ones are recommended, etc.
- Natural disaster preparedness for pets.
- Dr. Nicholas' Pet Safety Guides that teach pet owners how to pet proof their homes and yards.
- The importance that preventing pet behavioral problems has on the pet/human bond and on the quality and longevity of pet's lives.