In this episode, I interview Mike Hemstreet, the owner of the petinsurancereview.com website. In my opinion, it is the best pet insurance company review site available to pet owners.
We talk about:
- How Mike became interested in the pet insurance industry and what led him to start a review site.
- How the website has evolved over the years to include companies in the United States, Canada, and the U.K.
- How he evaluates reviews to make sure they are legitimate.
- How allowing comments helps enhance the accuracy of reviews.
- Why his website provides much more information to pet owners than even the Better Business Bureau website.
- How and why Mike changed his rating system of pet insurance companies to reflect possible recent changes a company makes to it's policies.
- Recent filters Mike has added allowing pet owners to filter reviews based on a company's rating, to include comments from pet owners or even the insurer.
- The ability to filter claims based on the breed of a dog or cat.
- Future plans to be able to filter claims based on the diagnosis or condition that led to the claim being filed.
Links to things discussed on the podcast:
Merrick's blog post that led to an invite to Trupanion's sales meeting
Pet Insurance Review website