In this episode, I interview Steve Popovich, the President and CEO of PetPartners and AKC Pet Insurance Company. Just last month, they introduced brand new policies.
- AKC's plan to roll out the new policies in all 50 states and a timetable to completion.
- Steve's background before joining PetPartner.
- History of the PetPartners and AKC brand
- Reasons why AKC dedided to come out with new policies.
- Details about the new policies.
- Customization of the new policies that allows pet owners to obtain and maintain coverage that fits their budget whether they want a comprehensive coverage or catastrophic coverage.
- Endorsements (riders) that can be added to the base policy to enhance coverage.
- How current policyholders will transition to the new policies.
- Coverage for cruciate ruptures.
- Usual and customary defined and how AKC uses this when calculating reimbursements.
- How AKC does a medical record review at the pet owner's request to identify any pre-existing conditions that might be excluded from coverage.