In today's episode, I interview Dr. John Faught, the founding partner in a rapidly growing veterinary practice in Austin, Texas called Firehouse Animal Health Center. We talk about:
- How the hospital got it's unique name.
- Why he decided to promote pet insurance in his practice.
- How he and his staff introduces clients to pet insurance.
- Why he decided to promote only one company.
- Which company they use and why.
- His personal story - how pet insurance came in handy when his dog got sick
- One of the things that really changed his mind about pet insurance - where he's seen it makes a big difference.
- How having pet insurance has increased compliance with his and the staff's recommendations and two stories where it saved clients thousand's of dollars.
- What he thinks pet insurance companies could do better to enhance the experience that pet owners and veterinarians alike have with pet insurance.
- Advice he would give to pet owners who are considering the purchase of pet insurance.
- Advice he would give veterinarians who are interested in promoting pet insurance in their practices.
- How developing a relationship with Trupanion's Territory Partner has enhanced the experience he's had with pet insurance.
- Why they almost always file claims for their clients.
Check out these links discussed in the interview:
Firehouse Animal Health Center
Subscribe to podcast via iTunes
Posted by: maryjane | 05/29/2017 at 02:35 AM
thank you for this.
Posted by: maryjane | 06/05/2017 at 04:14 AM