Recently, Samantha Haxton contacted me after using the Pet Insurance Toolkit in her quest to choose a pet insurance company to insure her pets. After several email communications, I was so impressed with her approach and knowledge she acquired while doing her research that I asked her to be a guest on the podcast. She actually ended up choosing Embrace to insure 3 of her pets and ASPCA to insure another pet.
Why two different companies? Listen to find out :)
- Why she decided to purchase pet insurance
- Why she chose Embrace and ASPCA and what other companies she considered
- What sources she used to do her research
- If you are insuring a younger pet, why it's important to determine what the premium might be when the pet is older - e.g. 10 years old
- What has been her experience so far with the companies she chose
- Importance of having a medical record review done by the insurance company to determine if your pet has any pre-existing conditions that won't be covered.
- Her daughter's experience with Embrace
- Reasons to get the best policy you can afford when you initially sign up for pet insurance
- The advice she would give to anyone beginning to do research to purchase a policy for their pet.
- Why it's important to take the time to thoroughly research companies and their policy before purchasing pet insurance
Be sure to check out these links and subscribe to the podcast so you can listen to previous episodes and not miss future episodes:
Subscribe to Podcast (get email when new episodes are published)
Subscribe to podcast via iTunes
Subscribe to podcast via Stitcher